Kamailio World Conference is taking place at:
Fraunhofer Forum – Berlin Building
[Google Map Link]
Located in the old city center of Berlin, next to Museums Island, Berlin Dome or few hundred meters from Alexanderplatz and Television Tower, Fraunhofer Forum is one of the modern buildings in the area designed to host conferences and conventions.
The main entry in the building is from the Spree river side (a walking promenade), with secondary entry from Anna Louisa Karsch street, both of them can be used to enter. As reference, on the river side, at the corner of the building, is located Alois Moser restaurant and terrace. The conference room is named Spektrum and is located on the ground floor, just behind the information desk – practically after entering the building and walking a bit, Kamailio World area should be easy to spot.
There are many hotels in the area, situated in walking distance range. However, Berlin is well known for its excellent public transport, so you can choose the best accommodation option in the city that fits your requirements.
Next is a list of hotels that could make the decision easier for participants.
Park Inn – Alexanderplatz area, walking distance
Hotel Alexander Plaza – Alexanderplatz area, walking distance
Hotel H2 or Hotel H4 – Alexanderplatz area, walking distance
Hotel Radisson Blu – Alexanderplatz area, walking distance
Holiday Inn Express – Alexanderplatz area, walking distance
Novotel Berlin Mitte Hotel – Alexanderplatz area, walking distance
Motel One Berlin-Hackescher Markt – Alexanderplatz area, walking distance
The website for BVG – the public transport company in Berlin – is available here.
From Berlin International Airport (BER):
- train station is located in Terminal 1 level U2
- trains FEX, RE8 or RB23 can be used to get to Berlin main train station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof). From there, S-Bahn lines can be used to get to Hackesher Markt.
- the alternative is the S-Bahn line S9 that drives directly to Hackesher Markt
- from Hackesher Markt is walking distance – see the map.
- ticket type: ABC (price as of February 2023: 3.80Euro)
From Berlin Hauptbahnhof – Berlin Main (Central) – Train Station:
- S-Bahn lines S3, S5, S7 or S9 can be used to get to Hackesher Markt (there are only two stops)
- ticket type: AB (price as of February 2023: 3.00Euro)
Note: the prices for tickets may be updated by the public transport company, the actual value at the time of purchase is displayed by the vending machine or listed at the purchase counter.
Note: the directions of public transport lines may change, it is recommended to check at the info desks in the airports the best options to get to the conference venue.